FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
US (PHOENIX AREA)
Sparck Technologies Inc. (formerly Quadient), is an automated packaging solutions provider with a decade of experience built on a spirit of innovation and commitment to improving our environment. We have been leading with purpose when it comes to eliminating excessive packaging and saving companies valuable resources. While we continue to make a positive difference to the world around us, our success is not only due to the quality of our product. We only succeed with the combined strength and diversity of our global team who are truly passionate about our packaging mission. Together, combined with our rapidly growing team of engineers, sales, service and marketing professionals, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every Sparck Technologies team member.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer for our fast growing Service team. As a Field Service Engineer, you will execute projects for new APS installations, be responsible for delivery, testing, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting where necessary. In this role, you are a road warrior and you will be supervised by the Service Manager. You will work to achieve the overall service program business objectives in order to meet or exceed the company’s and customers’ requirements.
You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a global team that thrives on creativity and teamwork. Sound interesting? Then read on!
- Ensuring execution of defined service and installation calls on assigned customers necessary to achieve goals
- Customer project management (primary contact, site planning, customization functional requirement document)
- Provide on-site installation, validation and commissioning of Automatic Packaging Solutions Systems
- Perform hands-on remote and on-site troubleshooting, service and repairs (including upgrades, modifications)
- Provide on-site training to the customers
- Required to travel out of your area to help support other areas
- Support requests and issue management
- Spares management towards end customer
- Keep close contact with various disciplines of the APS team.
- Supporting pre-sales activities.
- Develop additional documentation for product release, training and maintenance
Skills and Experience Requirements:
We are looking for a pro-active and self-driven colleague with the right balance in personal and content skills and who has the ability to work independently, as well as being comfortable to work in teams.
- Education level: Bachelor degree/technical education with a minimum of 3 year work experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment (mechatronics) or proven to function on this level
- Willingness to travel and work consignment shifts
- Project management and organizing skills
- Detail oriented and stress resistant
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to maintain and manage existing and potential customers
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes
- Ability to trouble shoot
- Strong mechanical and technical skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Identify issues and resolve them strategically
- Innovative and self-assured
- Decision making ability, hands on mentality
- Positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly in a hyper-growth environment
- Location: preferably Phoenix area, activities can also occasionally be done remote
If you want to be part of a highly motivated, energetic team that is changing the packing automation industry, please send in your motivation letter and resume.