Sparck Technologies Inc. (formerly Quadient), is an automated packaging solutions provider with a decade of experience built on a spirit of innovation and commitment to improving our environment. We have been leading with purpose when it comes to eliminating excessive packaging and saving companies valuable resources. While we continue the o make a positive difference to the world around us, our success is not only due to the quality of our product. We only succeed with the combined strength and diversity of our global team who are truly passionate about our packaging mission. Together, combined with our rapidly growing team of engineers, sales, service and marketing professionals, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every Sparck Technologies team member.
We are looking for an Accountant in the Atlanta Area. As we grow our business and team in the US, we need to further develop, create and professionalize our ways of working in Finance. The role of the Accountant will require the knowledge, expertise and ability to be the technical expert lead in Finance- and general processes. In addition, we expect the manager to advise management in both US and our head office in the Netherlands on the best way forward.
You will be based in the Atlanta area, in which we have our office and customer center. You will report to the Director of Finance, located in the Netherlands. You will be working closely together with the Director Sales and Services in the US.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a global team that thrives on creativity and teamwork. You’ll help to grow and professionalize our US Sparck team. Sound interesting? Then read on!
- Works closely with the Director of Finance (Netherlands), Director of Sales and Services (USA) and outside accountants in the design and coordination of all accounting practices.
- Has day-to-day responsibility for overseeing invoicing, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, and payroll.
- Projects on e.g. HCP’s and 401K plan
- Manages accounting records and is responsible for the production of financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proactively identifies and analyzes indicators of current financial performance to effectuate strategic and operational improvements throughout the organization.
- Develops and maintains appropriate internal controls, including policies and procedures.
- Analyses key performance metrics to highlight operating issues, challenges, and profit opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and manages an efficient, scalable, and insightful forecasting process.
- Responsible for communicating with various audiences’ financial matters and issues.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
We are looking for a pro-active and self-driven colleague with the right balance in personal and content skills and who has the ability to synchronize with other cultures.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 – 6 years of progressively responsible experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have outstanding business acumen, analytic skills, and the ability to engage with other leaders in addressing business issues.
- Strong operating finance and planning skills are required including a understanding of GAAP requirements.
- High degree of technical competency, with solid understanding of balance sheets, cash management, EBITDA, cash flow, and P&L management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for all parties.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus.
At Sparck Technologies, we are an international company with a diverse team of colleagues from around the world. Our team has a relentless drive for excellence with our customers, systems, and services. You can share in the company’s success with a competitive salary and healthy work environment. You can also find your work/life balance with paid and sick time off, holiday benefits, and health insurance. If you would like to join our highly motivated, passionate team of packaging experts, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information go to www.sparcktechnologies.com. If you have additional questions, please contact Fardau van der Wal at 1-800-983-8157.
If you want to be part of a highly motivated, energetic team that is changing the packing automation industry, please send in your motivation letter and resume.